Saturday 2 April 2016

Where's the Washi?

Hello, hello,

Hope you are having a fantabulous weekend! Another quickie for this weeks Casology - the cue word this week is 'washi:'






I have heaps of washi in my collection - and barely touch it. It always looks so pretty hanging there at the craft shows and then I get it home and it sits in my stash gathering more and more dust!

Well at least I used a few strips for this little card - I covered the top of some card stock with  some strips of yellow, striped washi and then die cut the MFT sentiment. It looked a little bare with just the yellow washi so I added a strip of black and white chevron washi too. A smattering of enamel dots and that's it.  The only thing I didn't take into account is how difficult it would be to photograph it due to the two patterns. If you think you need glasses, you don't - I think the two patterns are kind of confusing the eyes!

Hope you enjoy your weekend, thanks for popping by,

Claire x


9 comments:

  1. Love it Claire, great design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous clean & graphic card! Love the way you used the two washi tapes, Claire. Thanks so much for joining us at the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, crisp and stylish, Claire ... fab washi patterns together ... I do love that yellow and black colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, your card is fabulous! I love yellow, black, and white together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the striped sentiment Claire, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I think those two patterns are fine! No need to adjust the specs here! Lovely bold colour scheme that definitely scream celebration! Fantastic card! So glad you could join us at CASology this week Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun CAs Card! Great play on the yellow. I have tons of washi too that barely gets used. Amazing blog too. Wish I had time to comment on more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your post title Claire! I wish you can see how many washi tape I own... but yes it seldom makes it to a card! You did a great job! Awesome card like always!
    Thanks for joining Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you have used this word die. I must try this idea it really is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!