Saturday 7 February 2015

Playing with Watercolour

G'day bloggers!

How's your weekend going? I've been having a little play with the watercolour paints for the latest CASual Fridays challenge:







I do like watercolours,  but I have to say it's a technique that's definitely not my forte.  A masked sunset is just about my limit. I've had this die cut for about a year now - it was one of the first dies I cut using my Silhouette and it's been sat in my 'things I hope to use one day' box ever since.

Since I masked a big sun in the background I thought it would be eligible for the Casology challenge as well.  Far back in the recesses of my mind I seem to remember a winning card similar to this, but I only thought of it after I'd finished making this one. So much for originality eh?

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. You've definitely captured the essence of a sunset on a hot day. I can still remember hot days from my youth when it was only possible to venture out to play once the sun was set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the warmth of this card, silhouettes are always lovely to me, and so are your creations Claire!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job of water coloring this card. I love the images of the kids along with their dog. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious, Claire ... the warm watercolour wash and 'negative' sun really capture the sense of a hot sun ... the silhouette is gorgeous against it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, what lovely watercoloring and amazing white sun...a perfect backdrop for that sweet silhouette! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Claire! That silhouette was made for your sunset. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
    I'm with you on the struggling with watercolors. No matter how many videos I watch and how much I try I just can't seem to get the fabulous results that others get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Clarie!! I'm totally in love with your summer scene. I love how you created that moon and the children walking across the horizon. Fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever card, great background. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, just wow! Not your forte?! You ROCKED this card! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your silhouette against the sunset! Thanks so much for joining us for our watercolour challenge at CASual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!