Tuesday 13 January 2015

Colour Q #275

Hello blogging friends!

It feels an age since I last posted - we've just spent a couple of days camping in an area called Myall Lakes, North of Sydney. We were surrounded by the biggest Goannas I've ever seen - it was a true Aussie experience in the bush. At least it was only Goannas this time...last year we were accompanied by a Red Belly Black snake in a tree about 5 metres away from our tent.  The children came back utterly filthy...they really do just seem to attract the dirt - can someone tell me if this is only a boy thing or do little girls get just as dirty?!

Moving on, it's time for this week's Colour Q challenge:









 It was one of those rare times when I had all the required colours so I stamped a background with WMS' Folk Art Medallion. That was the easy part - the hard part was creating a card with such a busy background so I looked to Retro Sketches for a bit of help and as usual it delivered! I die cut a panel out of vellum which softened the pattern a little, then added the sentiment to a second plain panel of card stock. The little blooms are Paper Smooches stand alone dies.

Hope you get the time to get crafty this week - thanks for stopping,

Claire x


5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, letting the colors do all the talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little feathers and that sweet flower stole my heart! Very pretty Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such precise stamping, Claire ... the crisp white against the bold colours is fabulous ... love the splash of white and red in the flower and leaves! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love how you used these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!