Tuesday 9 September 2014

Getting Distressed - Colour Q #258

Hello bloggers!

Well, I'm not really distressed...just playing around with some Distress Inks for the brand new challenge over at Colour Q:





I've been doing lots of clean and layered cards recently so I thought I'd go for something a little more CAS this week.  Blackberry Bliss is a funny old colour and I was struggling to find anything in my stash until I remembered some new Distress Inks I bought recently. I blended Seedless Preserves and Mustard Seed onto some saffron coloured, honeycomb paper by MME.  I then stamped the Technique Tuesday images and added a grey sentiment from the same set - 'One of a Kind.'  Nice and easy - sometimes I feel like I'm cheating when I do a 10 minute card!

It just so happens that this card fits in perfectly with the new cue word over at Casology too - don't you just love it when that happens?



Hope you get the chance to get crafty this week! Thanks for popping by,

Claire x



17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love how you've combined those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful from the concept through to the colours and images you used - spot on!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Claire! Perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning...simply perfect execution and attention to detail. LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so moody (in a good way)! I'm not sure that's a word but I love the juxtaposition of the white textured background with the warm colors of your three little rectangles. The sponging is top notch and I love that the hexagon shapes have some highlights to perfectly show off the leaves in silhouette. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, its a beautiful card! I really like the panels, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card certainly does not look nice and easy - it is quite elegant. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE this Claire! what great shading and stamping on the honeycomb pattern - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS and inspiring, I am playing along with YOUR challenge!!!! THanks for joining us at CASology Claire, LOVE your work and so HAPPY you were able to join us this week!!!!

    Love the soft sweet simple sentiment too... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, rich, warm, delicious colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning! love the richness of the images against the crisp white base - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Claire! The inked DP is so effective and I love the sweet and subtle sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!