Sunday 2 February 2014

Purple Yuck!

Hello again!

When I saw this week's Casology challenge I knew I'd struggle. This week's cue word,  'purple', seems to be a colour that's either loved or loathed by crafty folks. I'm afraid I'm not a fan - to me it's a 'nothing' colour, one that's neither masculine or feminine and that I find almost impossible to match with others.

But I had a bash at the challenge anyway.  There have been heaps of stencilled projects in blog land this week, due to the most recent class over at Jennifer McGuire Ink. These cards have encouraged me to reach for an old Spellbinders Embossability and attempt to stencil the design. I really wanted to mask it directly on to the card but since the stencil is completely warped (and in some parts broken), it was a total disaster and I kept getting purple ink all over my beautiful, clean, white card.  So I stencilled it, cut a strip and plonked in on to the card, then added a white embossed butterfly - sponged in purple ink of course:




Not my best effort but it will have to do - I learnt a couple of things along the way:

1) I still don't like purple
2) I must sign up for that class....

Have a fabulous Sunday and thanks for popping by!

Claire x



4 comments:

  1. Me too, Claire ... purple's not a colour I use much at all. Love that dimply card ... all that glorious white space balances the stencilled strip so well. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire...you had me at your title alone! ("Purple Yuck!" Hysterical!) I am right there with you on the purple topic, but I am glad you gave it the old college try, as they say. Your stenciled card is quite pretty and I like the idea of cutting the strip...it is just enough color and very pretty, too! Thanks for playing along this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Claire! Love the gorgeous butterfly fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a Great day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!