Sunday 8 September 2013

Retro Sketch #80

Hello again folks,

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! I've woken up to a beautiful sunny morning and the news that we have a new prime minister here in Australia.  To be quite honest, I would have a voted for one of the Muppets if it meant no more election ads. I'm well and truly over it and I really do feel for my American friends, knowing how long the lead up to an election is over there!

On to another Retro Sketch (#80)  challenge and this time it's based on a card by yours truly.  If you want to see the original then have a quick peek here. I've also used the colours from this weeks Colour Q:






For some reason I find it quite difficult to use my own cards as inspiration so I stuck pretty closely to the original, but did a more feminine take on it. I used a Kaisercraft script stamp with some Versamark, then sponged some Basic Grey over the top of it (is it called ghost stamping or something - I'm not one for getting technical?) It's kind of shown up in the photo. The penny farthing image is from Stampin' Up's Timeless Talk set which I bought a couple of weeks ago  (along with a few other goodies.) I didn't use the twine this time...just wasn't working!

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping again!

Claire x






4 comments:

  1. Love the way you've combined the colors and the sketch, great card! So happy you could join us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really found the right paper to match the colours. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us this week at the Colour Q.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, Claire, love your pretty clean stamping! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!