Sunday 1 September 2013

A Japanese Inspired Retro Sketch

Good morning folks,

I absolutely love Japanese Yuzen papers and have done ever since I made my very first card - I don't use it anywhere near as much as I should, particularly when I have so much of it lying around my stash. I thought I'd put it to good use for this week's Retro Sketch which is based on this beautiful card made by Laurie:





I always think 'less is more' with these type of papers so I kept it very simple. The gold ring is a chipboard circle that I've cut and embossed, then coloured with a goldleaf pen. It almost looks like a Nestability die doesn't it? I put a layer of vellum underneath and then stamped my black dragonfly on vellum, embossed it with black embossing powder and coloured one set of wings with a red marker. It's from the very old Bugs and Kisses set by Stampin' Up - I rarely use all the other stamps in this set but I still love the dragonfly. I decided to flip the sketch this week..it just kind of worked better that way!

Thanks for stopping again!

Claire x






5 comments:

  1. That is just so beautiful Claire. I love the papers,the colours and the dragonfly is superb.
    You always inspire me to learn to stamp better but i just make mess most of the time. xx zan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Claire. I love that gold window and that vellum dragonfly. The Asian Garden greeting is just perfect with those gorgeous papers. My sister-in-law sent me some beautiful Japanese paper sets for Christmas last year, and you've inspired me to break the seal - instead of just oohing and aahing over them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!
    Those papers are gorgeous...
    and that dragonfly is perfect for them...
    love the way you stamped on vellum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love this, Claire! I've never seen that Japanese range before - it's lovely!!!! I'd love to see you use them more!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Claire the Asian theme is so very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!