Saturday 19 January 2013

Getting Retro in the Heat



Good morning all,

Well, the stinking heat does absolutely nothing for the mojo I discovered yesterday. This was the inside of my car at 2.19pm:



Apart from the need to clean my car, you'll also see it was a whopping 47C, Sydney's hottest day since records began. Phew, makes me want to hop on the plane and fly back to Old Blighty for a cool down and a hot cup of English tea!

Anyway, I really did the simplest card last night, based on the colour scheme at CR84FN and a sketch at Retro Sketches:





Couldn't get more CAS than that could you, but like I said the mojo had melted away in the heat. You can just see a My Minds Eye lace stamp peeping out from under the patterned papers. I loved the sketch and will definitely be using it again for some quick cards in the future.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you don't freeze or melt, wherever you live!

Claire x








9 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card Claire and give you many points for even managing it in the heat...

    I just keep looking at what I want to do but cannot get started.

    Even my new Cricut cartridge I bought at Scrapville on Wednesday has given up calling me to try it out. lol

    Zan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, CUTE take on that sketch! LOVE that you used our colors! That bow and stick pin are great details! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's way too hot! We are freezing over here, its been snowing all day :-( but the kids love it of course!

    What a fab CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--that is hot. Pretty amazing that you could craft in that heat. I love your card, however. It's very sweet. If you are like me, you have a hugs Lego bin, and can construct your own stamp a ma jig for free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the heat!! We are in snowy conditions here in England Claire so you would certainly cool down if you popped in for a cuppa. I love the sweet CAS design and that lace looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful Claire! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous! Love the pretty papers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's adorable girl! Love the patterned papers and ribbon! That is hot!! I'm hoping for heat but, maybe not quite that much:)) and really I shouldn't be complaining as I live in the southern US!! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!