Thursday 3 January 2013

A Last Saturday Waltz

Hello bloggers,

Tonight has been spent with a hoard of females (and the odd male) sobbing into a hanky, whilst watching Les Miserables.  Not since Beaches (remember that one?) have I heard quite so much snuffling at the cinema. It was a fantastic movie so I thoroughly recommend it...unless you're not a fan of musicals...in which case steer well clear!

Well I continue to sob since it's the last ever Saturday sketch challenge over at Waltzingmouse this week. But not to worry, it sounds like there's still going to be challenges on the main blog in the coming months so my stamps will continue to get a good workout! This week the sketch is from Edna Morrisedie:






Santa bought the Half Pint Heroes set so I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one. I  used one of the doiles from the small Dainty Doiles set for a planet. The 'moon' is some ancient silver paper I had which has been embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and I embossed the sentiment to the side, since I couldn't exactly fit it on to the rocket.

It's late now so I'm off to cry copiously into my pillow, whilst dreaming of singing a duet with Hugh Jackman...

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

13 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE, Claire! Over the moon for it, giggle! I love the doily planet and the scattered stars! Your coloring is amazing, of course. Love the swirly swirls along the bottom, too. Thanks SO much for sharing all of your lovely sketch creations with us...can't wait to see what you make with your WM stamps in 2013! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no… please stop crying! smile… This is the cuties little rocket card I have seen. I love your night time sky! This is adorable and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Claire, what a fab background for this little rocket man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet card, thanks for playing along with us at WM...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Claire, this card is out of this world. Love the starry night sky and the "planet" (I thought initially it was thrust was the rocket's engines). The moon rock is great too and is that button a little lump of cheese ;) So sad the weekly sketch is ending, but I'll pop over and see your lovely creations regularly so I can be amazed and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! I LOVE this Claire! You have outdone yourself this time! Your paper piecing is perfection! And all the added details work wonderfully together! Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing - I just love this, Claire! Everything about it from the papers to the coloring is just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute...what a fabulous birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dark background and way you incorporated the circle element from the sketch, great as always, thanks so much for playing along with the last Mischief Maker Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the spaceship is my favourite stamp from this set, and I just love the way you've used it here. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Claire! Love the background, the spaceship and the cute button! I wish you all the best for 2013!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love it!!
    Saw it from afar and couldn't wait to get to this incredible card!!
    A perfectly fun take on this week's sketch...
    just love it!
    And thanks so much for always playing along with us and giving so much inspiration...
    but good things are in store! ;)
    Here's to an incredible 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS!!!! Love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!