Thursday 15 November 2012

Waltzingmouse Challenge #123

I seem to be on a roll with the cards this week, although now I've said that, the mojo will go flying out the window....

Just managed to sneak in a card for the WMS  sketch challenge which looks like this:


I feel as though my cards have all been very clean and simple recently so I used about 15 layers on this one (ok - slight exaggeration).  Whoever receives it probably won't be able to stand it up as it's so heavy! There's a layer of cork paper at the bottom that I found in my local craft store last week, followed by a layer of denim.  I really wanted to use the denim as the base but it just wasn't happening so I covered that in a layer of Basic Grey and just left the frayed edges showing. I used cork paper as my base for the stamp which is from the Very Vintage Labels 1 set. I've also added a sentiment from Fancy Phrases.

Hope you're getting crafty! See you at the Blog Party and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

7 comments:

  1. This has a real shabby chic look - the denim, lace and ruffle ribbon are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Love all the different elements-cork denim, lace, leaves, pearls etc! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire - gotta tell you I just ADORE a top heavy card - keep it coming lady! This one is a beauty! I love how you turned the label into a frame for your focal point Stunning and oh so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Claire! Love the twirly pearls and that sweet flower. The label is awesome on cork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Claire! Love all the fab details, the cork paper, the leaves, the pretty flower, the button... great work! Have a nice weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Claire! So elegant! Thanks for playing with us last week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic use of embellishments, and I love the cork label, adds lots of interest! Well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!