Wednesday 27 June 2012

On the Move

Hello again Scrappers,

I've been having a play with the Kaisercraft 'On the Move' collection for the June #1 Saturday Sketch challenge. You can find details of the sketch here.

I knew I had the perfect photo for these papers - one very proud bloke of mine on his motorbike, pre-children (when life was that little bit more exciting!) It was an amazing bike, even I have to admit that. About 18 months after this photo was taken he was wiped off it by someone going through a red light on one of Sydney's busiest roads. It happened to be Friday 13th and one witness said it would be the luckiest Friday 13th he'd ever have - he walked away with a bruised ankle. The bike didn't fare as well, though, and had to be written off. However, I think we can both appreciate how unbelievably lucky he was that day.




I covered the letters with tin foil and mod podge and then inked them with some black ink. The chippie gear has been coloured with a silver pen and I added some dimensional magic to the words.

He still hasn't got another road bike but he's definitely still a revhead - it's not quite the same effect though in the sensible, family car!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!