Thursday 19 April 2012

A couple more cards

Hi Scrappers,

A couple of cards using the sketch from this week's Waltzingmouse challenge and Scrapville's monthly challenge. You can find the Waltzingmouse sketch here and the Scrapville sketch here.


I've not made this one too flowery (when do I ever do that anyway?) as it's a thank you card for a man. I used the teeny tiny scroll stamp from my Vintage Labels set to make the patterned panel, then added a bit of colour with a marker. The papers are ancient - at least 4 years old. Love it when I get to use some of my old stash - helps me to justify why I rarely throw anything away!


I stamped the sentiment for the Scrapville card on to denim using some white pigment ink
and the paper's are October Afternoon. Might save this one for my son's birthday later in the year.

Happy scrapping and thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

6 comments:

  1. Love the background stamping and ribbon treatment on the first card Claire and the tractor card is so cute for a guy! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I LOVE the pattern you created with the little flourish, and then just coloured a teeny bit of it, so pretty! And the die cut tractor is such a great topper for a little boy's card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From pretty to cute in a flash...this post has it all, Claire! I just love the gingham ribbon on the first...the whole card is in such a pretty color scheme! That tractor is too sweet! Love how you stamped the sentiment, it looks like patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background stamping...
    so creative to use that element for it!!
    And the labels...
    the raffia and gingham...
    buttons...
    it's fabulous!!
    And what an adorable card...
    that tractor is so much fun...
    and stamping on denim...
    I'll have to remember that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are super cute, but I'm taken with how you combined the colours on the labels on the first card! Must remember that combo, it's fantastic. Thank you for joining us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite sentiments. Thank you kindly....doesn't that just sound so sweet and genuine? Your card is just amazing. Love the stacked labels especially. Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!