Friday 7 October 2011

White with One (but only just!)

Hi Scrappers,

Well I thought I'd get out of my comfort zone completely this month and try the October challenge at White with One. This months colour is black and it has to be used with paints and mists. I'm probably the only scrapbooker in the world who doesn't own black glimmer mist, I'm not too great with paint and I don't have a lot of confidence with mist either! The only black and white patterned paper I have in my stash is some ancient stuff I bought aboout 4 years ago.

I have got some white glimmer mist though, so I made my own kind of wheel by masking some chipboard gears against a black cardstock circle. I assumed it would turn out white but it's actually gone silver and kind of metallic so I hope I've not strayed away from the black theme too much!


I painted the metal gear black and used this to stamp on the cardstock. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out but I have to say I'm itching to slap on a bit of yellow paint so I might make some minor adjustments later!

This was a great exercise in using up some of my stash as everything on the layout is pretty ancient - surely that means I'm allowed to buy more stuff? Because I certainly need it. No, really. I do.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,
Cheers,
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!!!!! a beautiful striking dramatic page ... thanks for playing with us .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout! Love how you misted the cogs & your stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Claire, great pics, great page. Awesome. Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone Claire, this layout is fabulous!!! Loving the cogs and the title at the top like that!! Awesome x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!