Thursday 25 August 2011

Retreat panic!

Hi Scrappers,

Not much scrapping going on this week - I'm trying to get organised for the LSBS retreat this weekend. This is my third year and I always come back with enough products to open my own scrapbooking shop. Last year I promised myself I'd not take much stuff again - I'm really trying to keep it all in one trolley but failing miserably. I keep thinking that it's stuff I just HAVE to have with me but I know damn well when I get there I won't touch any of it, as there will be lots of new goodies for me to get my sticky mitts on!

I've at least managed to do one challenge this week - my very first go at Kraft it Up. I'm still a bit of a Kraft virgin I'm afraid and this is only my second attempt at using it. I'm still not too sure about it as a background. To me the layout still looks a bit dull - maybe I need to use brighter paint!


I bought some fab boyish embellishments last week from D-lish Scraps which are on the layout. How excited was I to find this store! I always struggle to find different boy embies and since I'm not that great at making my own I was really pleased to find someone to do it for me!

Well, I'm off to continue packing - hope everyone has a great weekend!
Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO Claire, for a Kraft virgin you've done an amazing job! I LOVE your painted background & twin details.. they look fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire!!
    What An Awesome take on this months Sketch Challenge for KIU!!
    GEE! I'm a lovin what you have done with that Twine.......
    Glad to see you playing along @ KIU & Hope to see you & your Creations Again...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!