Wednesday 27 April 2011

Out of my comfort zone

If there's one subject I'm uncomfortable scrapping about, it's myself. So, what better way to get out of my comfort zone and enter SBM's 'Express Yourself' competition. The top 20 entries will be displayed at the Australasian Scrapbook and Papercraft Convention & Expo in Brisbane and the winner will be chosen by expo attendees.
Here's my attempt:



I love Basic Grey chipboard packs but always seem to have the really huge chipboard pieces left and never quite know what to do with them. The piece I used was so large and detailed I really didn't think I needed to add much more so I've kept it VERY simple. For those who are interested my 'advice' reads -

- be the Mum you are able to be - not the Mum you think you should be
- accept that for now you have to be a stay-at-home Mum - you'll enjoy it more
- try to kerb that temper. When the blood starts to boil, walk away
- keep getting that expensive hair cut - you do deserve it
- let go of some of that control. it can make you a bit of a fun killer
- give your man a break. He's not that bad. Really.
- Keep scrapbooking. It keeps you sane!

I used an old envelope as a template and made an envelope out of the new Stella and Rose paper range from MME. So love that new collection - in fact I really had to persuade myself to cut the paper! Certainly not expecting to get in the top 20 but it was great to scrap a little on myself for a change.


Cheers and thanks for stopping by x

3 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!! I just LOVE the whole thing. Fingers crossed for the Top 20!!! I would put it up there for sure!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you go Claire? Did you gorgeous layout get chosen for Top 20? Hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire!!!! Congratulations!!! That is SO awesome!!!! Well done!!!!
    I did too, woohoo!!!!!! I am not sure if you are Facebook, but there is a page for all the entrants of this comp and I wanted to know your last name so I can add you or you can add yourself if you are on FB!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!